Tuesday 23 March 2010

Week 4 - All the pretty things

This week was based around "colour".
For this week I didn't really have a plan of what to take photo's of. I took some macro pictures in lecture of my necklace (the first 3 images below), then I thought about extending my shoot and taking some pictures at home of some other jewellry, however not in macro.


I think that this is my favourite picture out of the three, however I would have preffered to have got the centre of the swallow in focus and the wings and the rest out of focus.




I don't think that these macro images are very good, but for my first attempt I am quite happy with them.


I am not entirely happy with this picture as I think that it could have been a lot better. When taking the image I found it very hard to get the lighting right.


From looking at all the above pictures I noticed how they were all typical shots of jewellry, for example some very sharp focus, or a mixture of the two. I then thought about how I could make my last image a bit different from the other photo's. I decided to take a photo close up of the clock face of my necklace however without a macro lens, therefore making the whole picture out of focus.
I actually really liked this image and I think that the style I used works very well as it gives it a very romanticised feel.
I also de-saturated the photo and softened it to add to this feel of "romance" and to make the vintage look of the necklace show through the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment